Keeping It In Manuel Mode

Sitting on a plane after a one hour delay due to maintenance, the air conditioner seems to be stuck on heat, flight attendants trying to confirm number of passengers, communicating with the check in attendant, and specifically calling out my seat number, doesn’t exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling! Have I mentioned the crying baby kicking the seat behind me? Geez, I just don’t have patience anymore. Very thankful for my earbuds right now. Wishing I had sprung for noise canceling ones. I am so ready for some R & R! I have been really stressed out this week trying to plan, pack, and buy for three back to back trips, but now that I’m finally in the air, I can relax a bit. (for now) A quick trip to Indianapolis and then it’s off to the mountains for a much needed vacation.

I plan on doing N-O-T-H-I-N-G after we set up camp and that sounds wonderful. That will go over for about one day and then I’ll be looking for something to do. Ha, can’t keep myself down too long. I am bringing my camera and plan on ‘keeping it in manual mode’. It is so easy to snap pics from my cellphone and I always have it with me. Hard to pack my SLR camera on these trips. I get so absorbed in taking pictures with my good camera that it has become a great form of relaxation for me.

Can’t wait to photograph beautiful things!

Although my second flight was delayed, it was a much better experience. Getting that bump up to first class was just what the doctor ordered for this quick trip to Indianapolis. Boarding group 1, seat 1A, can’t get much better than that. I was able to regroup and squash that anxiety that was building back up. The last time I was in Indy, I visited the soldiers and sailors monument and had planned a bucket list do-over, but with this short turn around, and lots of work still to do, that’s not going to happen. I did take the hotel shuttle over to the spaghetti factory for dinner. I have been wanting to try that for a few years, nothing too spectacular, just a big heaping bowl of angel hair pasta and a very full belly. I’ll get to walk that off tomorrow at the show! And then I’ll be headed home!

The mountains are calling my name!

Missed last week’s blog? Never miss a thing, sign up here for weekly blog post updates. Unsubscribe anytime.

Don’t forget to ‘like’ my Facebook page and follow me on Instagram.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s